Think you don’t need a DUI attorney in Fairfax County VA? Here are some fresh, sobering facts that demonstrate you may be at greater risk of courting a DUI conviction than you think.
Need Help Right Now?
- You have a 20 percent chance of being stopped for a traffic violation and being arrested for DUI tonight, according to a study that analyzed data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System from 1993-2010.
- Their study also confirmed drivers who tested positive for drugs are likely to use prescription drugs, alcohol, and multiple drugs simultaneously.
- Their primary conclusion: In 1993, roughly one in eight drivers (12.5%) used multiple drugs before being arrested for impaired driving. By 2010, that figure was nearly one in five (20%). That’s a sizeable increase in reported DUI impairment due to powerful cocktails of prescription drugs with potent effects on the nervous system, motor coordination, and cognitive functioning. Thinking about hiring a respected DUI attorney in Fairfax County, VA, yet?
- The Centers for Disease Control reported medical emergencies resulting from prescription drug abuse rose 132% since 2008, with opioid events rising 183% and a strong correlation to multiple-offense DUI arrests.
- The June, 2014, issue of U.S. News & World Report states 4.8 million adults over 50 had used illicit drugs in 2010. Translated, that means about 5 percent used illegal substances. This study was conducted by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) also notes half of drugged drivers were under the additional influence of alcohol at the time they were arrested.
- The over 50 cohort used the most prescription drugs, which contributed to nearly half of all fatal crashes in 2010 – more than any other type of DUI impairment in any other age group.
This level of felony DUI defense requires a consummate DUI attorney in Fairfax County VA. Your Boone Beale DUI attorney will painstakingly reconstruct and investigate the crime scene for valuable physical and trace evidence, analyze and scrutinize forensic and toxicology lab test results and diligently pursue expert and eyewitness testimony, all while assuring you receive a fair trial.
You deserve the benefits and protections only a highly-rated DUI attorney in Fairfax County VA, can provide. Call Boone Beale now to schedule your free case evaluation, and see what the DUI experts at Boone Beale, Attorneys at Law, can do for you.