Before you contact a DUI defense lawyer in Vienna VA, there are some basic facts you should know:
- Recent DMV reports support the evidence that drunk driving takes the lives of two Virginians every three days, on average.
- Since 2002, the effective Checkpoint Strikeforce campaign, a zero-tolerance, research-based, regional initiative strives to keep impaired drivers off roads using DUI checkpoints and patrols in combination with public education about the risks, dangers and sometimes deadly consequences of driving while intoxicated.
- Hiring a highly-regarded Boone Beale DUI defense lawyer in Vienna VA, increases the likelihood of obtaining a positive outcome in your DUI case.
- According to DMV statistics, drunk driving fatalities increased in 2013 for the first time in six years, with a 10.48% increase and 253 deaths attributed to DUI-related traffic crashes.
- In that same year, 27,333 people were convicted of DUI in Virginia.
Need Help Right Now?
Veteran law enforcement authorities and DUI attorneys note strict new laws, especially against repeat offenders, and a shift in cultural expectations have helped reduce the occurrence of DUI, but there is still much work to be done.
In an effort to reducing drunk driving fatalities in the Commonwealth of Virginia the governor’s office has backed on ongoing effort to reduce the number of people driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This effort includes a dragnet of intense police enforcement of our roadways along with punitive legal, financial, and social consequences that have been called some of the most severe in the nation by news media.
Before you get behind the wheel intoxicated, know what you’re risking – and think twice. It may save a life. In the event that the “impossible” happens and you are charged with DUI, call the expert DUI defense lawyers in Vienna VA, at Boone Beale, Attorneys at Law. We can help.