Gone are the days of DUI fines, driver improvement classes, and a stern word from the judge. DUI laws in the Commonwealth of Virginia now impose the heaviest penalties in the country. If you are arrested for DUI in Woodbridge, VA, immediately contact a knowledgeable, experienced DUI lawyer. Early legal intervention offers you the best possibility for a dismissal, a charge reduction or an acquittal in the courtroom.
Without legal expertise, conviction for a first-time DUI involves severe legal consequences including:
- A Class One misdemeanor criminal conviction on your record
- A jail term up to 12 months
- A mandatory minimum sentence of five to 10 days depending on your BAC (blood alcohol concentration)
- A mandatory fine between $250 and $2,500 determined by the court
- Mandated completion of the Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program (VASAP)
- 12-month suspension of driving privileges
- Installation of an ignition interlock device for a minimum of six months on any vehicle registered in your name at your expense
The highly trained, courtroom veterans at Boone Beale understand the full scope of the legal system, know how to relentlessly defend the rights of the accused, and can construct and present a persuasive, strategic DUI defense on your behalf.
The DUI attorneys at the Boone Beale Law Firm are recognized as top legal defenders in Northern Virginia who protect your rights and champion your innocence from arraignment through to the final resolution of your case. When you are charged with DUI in Woodbridge, VA, contact the DUI defense team at Boone Beale. You can trust we will take every possible action in your defense.