With tough DUI laws and even tougher penalties, no one can truly afford to face a Virginia DUI offense without an experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond VA – contact Boone Beale Today.
Need Help Right Now?
Without a good DUI attorney in Richmond VA, drivers arrested for DUI stand to lose much more than their driver’s license. According to the PBS Newshour, in 2014 the Wall Street Journal reported that Americans with a DUI or criminal conviction before age 24 suffer significant lifelong consequences, including higher unemployment, less income, and twice the rate of poverty as their non-offending peers.
In any criminal case the Commonwealth’s prosecution must prove you were guilty of breaking the law. In the commission of a DUI offense, that means measured proof of impairment and establishing you were the person operating the vehicle. There are innumerable variables that can come into question, and a veteran DUI lawyer in Richmond, VA, is the only person who can assist you in arguing the complex facts in your DUI case.
Many cases of alleged DUI in Richmond VA, are resolved or dismissed due to procedural or administrative errors made by police, faulty forensic analysis, and even in the handling of evidence. Not only must the arresting officer have a legal cause to stop and arrest you, but every step along the way the procedural process has to be strictly followed. One misstep on the part of law enforcement or the prosecution, and a competent DUI lawyer has the opportunity needed to shift the outcome of your DUI case.
What are some of the ways a DUI lawyer in Richmond VA, can successfully argue for your defense?
- If the officer did not have probable cause to believe you were driving while impaired, evidence against you can be suppressed in court.
- If the prosecution cannot prove you were “operating” a vehicle while impaired, your case may be dismissed.
- If roadside field tests are improperly administered, results can be challenged.
- If the forensic analysis is faulty or evidence mishandled, your DUI lawyer in Richmond VA, can make a motion to have charges reduced or dismissed.
- If video cameras record the DUI arrest, they can reveal conditions and facts not reported by police, possibly countering the validity or supposition of the case presented by the prosecutor.
A DUI arrest does not have to change the course of your life forever. Contact the law firm of Boone Beale to talk to a successful DUI attorney in Richmond VA, and discover how they can help you argue your case.