Flashing lights, loud sirens, and uniformed officers rush in – without warning you are stopped and charged with DUI. Anyone in this situation will need the expert services of a highly-qualified DUI lawyer in Alexandria, VA.
Conviction of a DUI offense today is much different than it was even 10 years ago, and the Commonwealth of Virginia is known for having some of the harshest DUI laws in the country. DUI punishments in Virginia for even a first time DUI offense are severe, and may include jail time, loss of your driving privilege, mandatory VASAP alcohol program completion, an ignition interlock device installed in your car, and hefty fines.
A highly-qualified Boone Beale DUI lawyer in Alexandria, VA will challenge the prosecution on many levels, raising doubt and building arguments to call their case against you into question. Your effective DUI defense may involve questioning many aspects of your alleged DUI infraction, including:
- Did the arresting officer have “reasonable, articulable suspicion” that provides probable cause for your arrest?
- Were proper procedures strictly followed?
- Was your driving behavior influenced by something other than alcohol or drugs in your system?
- Did the initial stop occur on private property?
- Were test results inaccurate due to faulty equipment or human error in reading results?
- Was all of the prosecution’s evidence shared with your DUI lawyer in Alexandria, VA?
- Did everyone involved in the chain of evidence perform their tasks in accordance with legal requirements?
- Are there independent witnesses that have eyewitness information that can disprove the allegations against you?
Your Boone Beale DUI lawyer in Alexandria, VA holds law enforcement and the criminal justice system accountable for their work while protecting your civil rights. Dedicated to mitigating the impact on your life and livelihood, your Boone Beale DUI attorney will make every effort to meticulously and passionately defend you and protect your future.
When you need a reputable DUI lawyer in Alexandria, VA, contact the DUI litigation veterans at Boone Beale today, and put our more than 100 years of combined DUI defense success to work for you.