Fairfax County DUI Arrests
Virginia DUI Arrest Overview
In 2012 there were 28,719 DUI arrests in the Commonwealth of Virginia with an average BAC (blood alcohol content) of 0.1397, with a high concentration of that activity in Northern Virginia. If you are one of the thousands of drivers involved in the tangle of Fairfax County DUI arrests, there are some basic facts you need to know.
1. A first time Fairfax DUI is a class 1 misdemeanor can lead to punishment including a $2,500 fine, a one year driving suspension, 12 months in jail, a mandatory auto ignition interlock device, and required participation in an Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP) class.
2. A second offense carries a 3 year license suspension, a sentence of 10-20 days in jail, and completion of ASAP.
3. A third DUI conviction (class 6 felony) includes an incarceration period between 3 months and 5 years in a state prison, and ASAP.
4. BAC levels at or above a 0.15 have a mandatory prison sentence and license suspension (with no restricted license option).
5. If you refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood test in Virginia there may be additional legal penalties.
6. SR-22 insurance is mandatory in Virginia after any DUI conviction. This insurance is ‘high risk’ and high cost because of your past driving behavior.
Navigating The Legal System after Fairfax County DUI Arrests
A DUI conviction is serious business. Without legal representation you could suffer needlessly. No matter what specific DUI charges you face, teaming up with an experienced DUI defense attorney in Fairfax will secure the best outcome for your future. Find legal counsel you trust to construct a robust defense on behalf of your future.
The law is precise and complex. Immediately after Fairfax DUI arrests find a skilled DUI attorney who knows statutory and constitutional law, discovery techniques, and intricate scientific and medical evidence to defend you in court.
Get a dedicated Boone Beale DUI defense attorney today. Our firm fights for your rights when you are accused of driving under the influence in Virginia. With a skilled, experienced attorney who specializes in DUI defense in Fairfax County, you have the best chance to get a favorable ruling.
For more information about DUI defense in Fairfax, or to contact an experienced Boone Beale Fairfax DUI defense attorney now, click here.