Virginia has a reputation with law enforcement and motorists for some of the most severe DUI punishments in the country. If you are stopped and charged for DUI in Prince William County, VA, here is what you need to know.
• There is a lot at stake. Find a successful DUI attorney with experience in the Prince William County courts representing people on reckless driving and DUI.
• You are innocent until the state’s prosecution meets the burden of proof required in the statutes as charged.
• Your criminal defense lawyer will know the law, the facts of your particular situation, and how to gather evidence to aggressively question the prosecution. They will ensure protocols and procedures were strictly followed, and protect your constitutional rights.
• Virginia Code Section 18.2-266 addresses driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated. Read it to understand what is required, what is at stake, and what has to be done when.
• Time is the lynchpin of a sound legal defense plan.
• Timing is critical to take advantage of procedural techniques and administrative hearings.
• A DUI charge in Prince William does not typically carry jail time if:
Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) is below 0.14
First offense DUI
Cooperative with arresting officer
Good driving record with valid license
Driving behavior was not dangerous or injurious, and
There is not an accident
• Punishment following a DUI conviction in Prince William County depends heavily on the degree of impairment you exhibit driving on public roads.
• A DUI first offense conviction carries an automatic 12-month loss of driving privileges. Judges permit restricted licenses at their discretion.
• Not being able to drive produces overwhelming hardships, including higher insurance rates, difficulty with finances, and job loss.
Immediately after a DUI arrest, hire the lawyer who can best serve your case. This may be one of the most important decisions you ever make. The determined DUI attorneys at Boone Beale work hard to bring you the best possible outcome in your case. A DUI in Prince William County does not have to lead to a criminal record or severe consequences. Make an informed decision – call Boone Beale today.