When you are arrested and charged with DUI the first thing you need to do is contact a DUI attorney in Henrico County, VA who will carefully learn your case and diligently apply the law to achieve the best possible outcome for you. As you prepare your defense, use the following guidelines to better facilitate a successful working relationship with your DUI attorney.
TIME IS MONEY
• Send or fax requested information or documents as quickly as possible so your DUI lawyer has time to review them
• Return texts or phone calls promptly, and make sure your phone stays charged at all times
• Outline the fees you will pay, anticipated case expenses, and a payment schedule in exchange for your DUI attorney’s specific services in a written agreement.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
• Together, establish a timeline with major deadlines and milestones
• Agree on a written set of objectives based on your priorities
• Clarify how you both need information communicated and when
• Educate yourself about your legal rights and the legal process
Choose an experienced DUI attorney in Henrico County, VA who makes you comfortable. Since you will be working closely together throughout your case, this is the single most important factor in your successful partnership. Once you select an experienced, highly qualified DUI attorney who meets your criteria, keep a written record of all correspondence, and meticulous notes of conversations. You may want to create a template you can use with standard questions or critical information for immediate reference.
In the unfortunate event you have difficulties with your case, contact the Virginia State Bar for helpful information and instructions on how to best resolve your situation. Contact the highly reputable professionals at Boone Beale if you need legal assistance. Our hard-working DUI attorneys in Henrico County, VA will work with you to reach a positive outcome.